Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy holidays from Cameroon

It has been some time since I posted. Not for lack of interesting things to say, but rather a lack of decent Internet connections, and time to upload photos and such.

Evan and I had a great time traveling in Mauritania and Senegal, doing anything from a 6 day camel trek to visiting another college friend at her Peace Corps village in Senegal. After some time in Dakar getting our visas we flew to Douala and meet Bragg, spent the night on a black sand beach, and have now moved into his house in a village about 10km outside Bamenda. As soon as I find the time, I will post much more about our travels up to now, but for now am going to enjoy the Christmas and New years festivities here in the village, and with other Peace Corps Volunteers (PCV's).

If anyone would like to call, we do have a cell phone that can accept international calls, but making international calls here is prohibitively expensive (upwards of $3 per min). So if anyone gets a hold of an international calling card and would like to contact Evan or I, our number is 011 237 7655 7905. We are about 8 hours ahead of the west coast, just FYI.

Have a great holiday season, I miss you all.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

We miss you too Josh!! I hope you are having a very very Merry Christmas. Love you lots!

jess

Jessica said...

Hey Josh,
My boyfriend Greg and I just got engaged!!

Thought I'd share the news!

Love ya

Jess

Suzie said...

Hey finally remembered that you had this thing and found it. While you're off having your adventure in the heat of Africa, Mom and I are heading down the Alaska-Canada Highway this week....back to Michigan...woohoo....

Have fun!!! Hope you keep in touch unlike the last few years.

Suz

Anonymous said...

Thanks alot for the great post
Lurrenzinc is the fastest growing African social network to check out Cameroon Girls, photos of Ghanaian girls, African women & Many More